This policy applies to all visitors to our website. We are committed to protecting the privacy of our users, and strive to provide a safe, secure user experience. This Privacy Statement sets forth the online data collection and usage policies and practices that apply to this Web Site at www.StyleGeeks.co.uk (hereinafter referred to as ‘Style Geeks’). The following statement explains our commitment to managing your personal information and sets out how and when personal information is collected, held, treated, used, or disclosed.
By using Style Geeks, you explicitly accept, without limitation or qualification, the collection, use, and transfer of the personal information provided by you in the manner described in this statement. Please read this statement carefully as it affects your rights and liabilities under the law. If you do not accept the Privacy Statement stated herein or disagree with the way we collect and process personal information collected on Style Geeks, please do not use it.
Collecting personal information
We may collect, store and use the following kinds of personal information:
- Information about your computer and about your visits to and use of this website including your IP address, geographical location, browser type, and version, operating system, referral source, length of visit, page views, and website navigation paths;
- Information that you provide to us when registering with our website including your name, email address, address, and payment details;
- Information that you provide to us for the purpose of subscribing to our email notifications and/or newsletters including your name and email address;
- Information that you provide to us when using the services on our website, or that is generated in the course of the use of those services including the timing, frequency, and pattern of service use;
- Information relating to any purchases you make of our goods or any other transactions that you enter into through our website including your name, address, telephone number, email address, and card details;
- Information that you post to our website for publication on the internet including your name, address, telephone & email;
- Information contained in or relating to any communication that you send to us or send through our website (including [the communication content and metadata associated with the communication; and
- Any other personal information that you choose to send to us.
Using personal information
Personal information submitted to us through our website will be used for the purposes specified in this policy or on the relevant pages of the website.
We may use your personal information to personalise our website for you, enable your use of the services available on our website, send you goods purchased through our website, send statements, invoices and payment reminders to you and collect payments from you, send you email notifications that you have specifically requested, send you our email newsletter, if you have requested it (you can inform us at any time if you no longer require the newsletter, and deal with enquiries and complaints made by or about you relating to our website.
If you submit personal information for publication on our website, we will publish and otherwise use that information in accordance with the licence you grant to us.
We will not, without your express consent, supply your personal information to any third party for the purpose of their or any other third party’s direct marketing.
We will share information with our payment services provider only to the extent necessary for the purposes of processing payments you make via our website, refunding such payments and dealing with complaints and queries relating to such payments and refunds.
Disclosing personal information
We may disclose your personal information:
- to the extent that we are required to do so by law;
- in connection with any ongoing or prospective legal proceedings;
- in order to establish, exercise, or defend our legal rights (including providing information to others for the purposes of fraud prevention and reducing credit risk);
- to any person who we reasonably believe may apply to a court or other competent authority for disclosure of that personal information where, in our reasonable opinion, such court or authority would be reasonably likely to order disclosure of that personal information.
Except as provided in this policy, we will not provide your personal information to third parties.
Security of personal information
We will take reasonable technical and organisational precautions to prevent the loss, misuse or alteration of your personal information. We will store all the personal information you provide on our secure (password- and firewall-protected) servers.
All electronic financial transactions entered into through our website will be protected by encryption technology. You acknowledge that the transmission of information over the internet is inherently insecure, and we cannot guarantee the security of data sent over the internet.
You are responsible for keeping the password you use for accessing our website confidential; we will not ask you for your password (except when you log in to our website).
We may update this policy from time to time by publishing a new version on our website. You should check this page occasionally to ensure you are happy with any changes to this policy.
We may notify you of changes to this policy via email.
Third party websites
Our website includes hyperlinks to, and details of, third party websites.
We have no control over, and are not responsible for, the privacy policies and practices of third parties. You are hereby advised to read the privacy statements of such websites before proceeding to use them.